We’ve all experienced that awkward silence when no one knows exactly what to say. So, to help you out in these predicaments, I found a few
useless facts ideas to get you going.
- Coca-Cola was originally green. (You had to know I’d throw a Coke fact in here.)
- The Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters.
- Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.
- City with the most Rolls Royce’s per capita: Hong Kong
- Percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28%
- Barbie’s measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33
- Percentage of American men who say they would marry the same woman if they had it to do all over again: 80%
- Percentage of American women who say they’d marry the same man: 50%
- Cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400
- Average number of people airborne over North America any given hour: 61,000.
- Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
- The world’s youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
- Iceland consumes more Coca-Cola per capita than any other nation.
- First novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.
- A duck’s quack doesn’t echo, and no one knows why.
- The only 15 letter English word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
- Did you know that there are coffee flavored PEZ candies?
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them would burn their houses down – hence the expression “to get fired.”
- “I am.” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- Hershey’s Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it’s kissing the conveyor belt.
- The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger that it’s brain.
- The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.
- Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.
- If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
- The first toilet ever seen on television was on “Leave It To Beaver”.
- Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
- J.M. Barrie made up the name Wendy for his book “Peter Pan”.
Now wasn’t that fun?
Let me know how those conversations go . . .