I haven’t posted anything for four days. Shame on me, I know, but I just can’t think of anything remotely profound or witty or thought-provoking.
Blank brain is no fun.
All that came to mind today were sounds. I heard a bunch of them that I didn’t like.
– Hammers pounding at a construction site down the street from my house.
– The neighbor rolling his trash cans up and down the sidewalk. And it isn’t even garbage pickup day.
– Crows hopping around and pecking at the cedar shingles on our roof. This is irritating, let me tell you.
– Annoying children in the back lane screaming at the top of their lungs for no apparent reason. They do this every summer.
– Static coming from the surround sound system attached to my computer.
Then there were the sounds I love:
– Thundering rumbling in the distance. This was a treat, because we hardly ever hear thunder around here.
– Giggles from my grandsons.
– Oldies playing in the bookstore when I went there for ink/paper/Starbucks aroma therapy.
– My husband’s voice saying, “hello, my love”, when I called him to say I was running away from home. I went to the bookstore instead.
– Birds chirping outside my window early this morning. Of course, this could also be a negative, because it woke me up.
This blog post is finished now. Come back again, and I promise to be more – I don’t know – something.
3 responses to “What to Post When You Don’t Feel Like Writing”
I didn’t blog for over a year. Depression, lack of inspiration and information flow does not come easily…..
And sometimes you just have to plant your behind in the chair and make yourself do it. This, I know! Thanks for sharing, and I hope your dry spell is over now.
Much appreciated, I do too. Keep on!