There’s a lot of talk about bucket lists these days. I get that there are things everybody wants to do at some point in their lives and it’s good to make a list. But this used to be called setting goals or something like that. Whatever. I’ll go along with it and put my mental bucket list down in black and white. This is not an exhaustive list by any means, and honestly, I’m not even giving it too much thought.
1. Travel in Europe – particularly Scotland, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy. I don’t know why.
2. Publish a book or ten.
3. Live in a log cabin on a mountain in the trees. And Mom, I can hear you laughing.
4. Drive a bright yellow Mustang convertible really fast on an open stretch of highway with the Beatles Revolution on full blast.
5. See a Broadway show – on Broadway.
6. The time to read all the books I want to read.
7. Get my Master’s degree in Journalism. Or something.
8. Go on a road trip across Canada.
9. Take my husband and all my kids and grandkids on a two-week vacation somewhere warm and fun.
10. To be able to have a nice long hot bath whenever I want. Those of you who have seen my bathtub will understand why I say this.
Okay, so these are just a few of my bucket list items. I’ll think of more and let you know.
What’s on your list?