I have seen this little illustration from Dr. Seuss many times over the years, chuckled at the cuteness of it, and thought about the truth in these words. Then one of my cousins posted this on Facebook. Time to blog about it, I thought.
1. Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
God made you in His image, yet there is no one else is just like you and no one who else can do what He has called you specifically to do.
2. Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
There is the potential in every single one of us to be great. To make an impact in the lives of our family, our friends, and even the world. But it takes courage and faith to step out and stand out.
3. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
There comes a point where you need to stop blaming the past for your lack of future. You make the choice. No one else can do it for you. Take responsibility for your life and be the person you were destined to be.
4. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
Living your life based on what other people think is not really living your life. Think about that.
5. Today I shall behave as if this is the last day I will be remembered.
How different we would be if we took #5 seriously every single day.