Today it’s definitely fall. The sun is shining, but that lovely crisp edge is in the air and it won’t be long before the trees dress up for their final farewell. Some of them are already trying on different colors.
I love fall. I mean REALLY love fall. Here’s why:
1. A new year. No matter how old I get, I cannot stop thinking in terms of school years – September to June, with a couple of blank, hot months in between.
2. School supplies. For a paper/pen/book lover, this is huge.
3. I bake. And I don’t like baking. Except in the fall.
4. I write. Well, I always write, but I do so with far more gusto in the fall. You know, NaNo and all that.
5. Blankets. No explanation required.
6. Anniversary – our 37th this month!
7. Routine. Have you ever noticed that people are nicer in the fall? I hold with the theory that everyone functions better when they are in some form of routine. Fall usually brings routine – hence, happier people.
8. Energy. I will readily admit that I am not a hot weather person. Heat zaps my energy. So when the fall weather hits, I start doing all the things I didn’t have the oomph to do all summer.
9. Salted caramel hot chocolate. Pumpkin spice latte. Yeah. Our coffee shop will begin serving lots of yummy fall drinks next week!
10. It’s closer to Christmas. I don’t know how many days exactly, but I have a friend in Australia who does!
Enjoy the day. And the season.