I like to read Ephesians on a regular basis, and I am always amazed at how every single time I read this amazing portion of God’s Word it is completely new. Like I am reading it for the first time. I jotted down a few notes during this most recent review of the first chapter and thought I would share.
1. In Christ I have every spiritual blessing.
2. He chose me in Him before the foundation of the world.
3. I am holy and without blame before Him.
4. He made me accepted.
5. I have redemption through the blood of Jesus Christ.
6. I have forgiveness of sins.
7. He makes known to me the mystery of His will.
8. I have obtained an inheritance.
9. I am sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.
I was struck once again by the fulness of my inheritance in Jesus Christ. He picked me, even before I was born. He speaks to me the secrets of His heart. He gave me the promise of eternal life, forgiveness of every single sin I’ve ever committed. And He accepted me, faults and all.
Try to wrap your head around that!
I don’t begin to understand. I don’t attempt to reason it out. I simply rest in Him, knowing He loves me. And I am so very grateful for Christ in me, the hope of glory.
2 responses to “The Inheritance”
Amen! Thanks be to God for His many indescribable gifts… I’m so thankful for who I am in Christ…