I saw this in a recent article and it got me thinking about life. You don’t actually have to take the quiz. Just read it and you’ll hopefully get the point.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do? The point is, none of us remember much about these people, even though were considered the best in their fields. The fame dies and for the most part, their achievements are forgotten.
Here’s another quiz.
1. List a few teachers who made a positive impact on you in school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
That was easier, right? The lesson here is that people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.