Yesterday, they said it would be mostly sunny today. They lied.
This calls for the Rainy Thursday Checklist. If it’s not raining where you are, then call it the Sunny Thursday Checklist, or the Snowy Thursday Checklist, or whatever fits. Of course, if it’s already Friday where you are, then you’re on your own.
Here’s what you can do today:
1. Clean your hairbrush (mine is actually soaking in hot soapy water as I type this).
2. Bake cookies – really yummy, gooey ones.
3. Purge your computer files, including those emails from 2003 (yes, I have some).
4. Do your taxes (got mine ready to go to the accountant yesterday).
5. Write a paragraph that begins: When I opened the door, I was faced with . . .
6. Learn the lyrics to a new song you like.
7. Read Psalm 91 in the Bible. The whole chapter. It’s a good one.
8. Call someone you haven’t seen for a while and make a coffee date.
9. Watch all the shows you have saved on your PVR.
10. Drop in at a florist shop and pick up a bouquet for someone you love.
You can add your own ideas to the list, but this should be enough to get you started. Your list will probably be very different if you’re at work today, but you still have an imagination to think up a really good one. The important thing to remember is that this day is yours. You make the choice as to how it will turn out.
Have a good one.
And don’t forget your umbrella.
2 responses to “The Rainy Thursday Checklist”
There’s something really wonderful about this post. I feel inspired to live, but in a different sort of way than what people normally say.
Thanks for sharing!
Katie, thank you for this comment! You’ve inspired me by what you’ve said.