Here’s the challenge.
Put your left arm in a sling (or if you’re left-handed, put your right arm in a sling), and under no circumstances are you allowed to use it to do any of the following:
1. Take a shower.
2. Wash your hair.
3. Dry your hair with a blow dryer.
4. Curl your hair with a curling iron.
5. Back-comb, tease, arrange your hair into its usual style.
6. Pluck your eyebrows.
7. Put on makeup.
8. Get dressed – include all female underwear, socks, pullover sweater, jeans, etc. Oh yeah, do this without messing up your hairdo.
9. Make toast for breakfast – butter it, slice cheese for it, eat it. Clean up the mess. Including the stuff you dropped on your sweater.
10. Get your shoes and jacket on, and make several trips out to the car because you can’t carry your purse, your lunch, your laptop case and lock up the house with one hand.
11. Get into the car, start it, and breath a sigh of relief. You did it!
For those of you who may be permanently one-armed, I take my hat off to you. You are super ninjas to have mastered all of the above. But for those of me who have a temporary disability, I have yet to figure it all out.
I trust the sling will be off before I do.