How often we hear and use the phrase, “when things get back to normal, I’m going to . . .” Well, I’ve come to a conclusion about that. It’s a cop-out. An excuse to procrastinate. A way to justify lack of action.
Allow me to let you in on a little secret.
The “normal” you’re waiting to get back to doesn’t exist anymore.
THIS is the new normal.
We spend more time stressing over all the things we have on our “to do” lists than we do in actually working on getting those things off the to do list. And then we complain about how busy we are – how we have no time to do the things we really want to do.
I’ll let you in on another secret.
You will always make time for the things you really want to do.
So what’s my point? I have several.
1. Stop saying how busy you are and accept the fact that everyone is busy.
2. Make a list of the things you have to do – daily, if necessary (keep it realistic).
3. Prioritize your list and start knocking off those important things.
4. Stop living your life in the past or waiting for the next Big Event. Find the joy and wonder in every minute of today.
5. This is your life. Accept it, enjoy it, and if you want it to be different, then DO something different.
You may have heard this definition of the word stupidity – doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result.
Hmmmm . . .
2 responses to “The New Normal”
As always, your “sermon of the day” hits home and makes me reflect on my life. This was one was especially timely. You must have been roaming around in my head as I drove to work this morning!!
Isn’t this the truth~ It is so easy to fall back on the ‘I’m so busy’ thing, when really it is just me not making good choices. Great post!